Being part of the lives of people on the Autism Spectrum, even if it's just scooping them Ice Cream, is a very moving experience. If you've ever known someone with Autism, chances are you know what I mean. If you haven't, here is just a glimpse. That is why we continue to support this community of people.
The Hop's relationship with the Autistic community began in 2007 by the request of Jessica Olivencia, one of our employees. Her brother is on the Spectrum and she hoped The Hop would become a sponsor for the Autism Society's annual Run/Walk for Autism. We did and have done so every year since.
The 2011 Run/Walk for Autism is now just around the corner (Saturday September 24th), and Jessica has expressed interest in submitting Team Hop Ice Cream to help raise more awareness and funds for the Autism Society! And we are reaching out to all of you for help.
GOAL: To get 50 people to join Team Hop Ice Cream and to raise $1250+ for the Autism Society!!!
*Deadline for registration is Monday September 19th*
Here's how to contribute:
1) Go to http://www.wncrunwalkforautism.org/
2) Click "Register Here"
3) Click "I agree" if you agree
4) Click "Join a team" then select The Hop Ice Cream
5) Fill out your information and pay the registration fee ($25 minimum)
*Note: If you cannot attend, but still want to contribute, please feel free*
6) Once you've completed the registration and made your donation, you're good to go!
7) On the day of the Run/Walk (Saturday September 24th) see Jessica at The Hop's booth for some Free Ice Cream AND your very own Hop T-shirt, with Scoops the 5K Hedgehog (pictured below).
Design by Jane Ware of JB Graphics!
Thanks for your help!!!
640 Merrimon Ave
828 254 2224
721 Haywood Rd
828 252 5155